Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Sanjeev Khanna talked 12 times on phone a day before murder

Mumbai, 31/8 : The Mumbai police have obtained the call detail records (CDR) of Indrani Mukharjee and her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna. The CDR has revealed that on April 23, 2012, a day before Sheena’s murder, Khanna and Indrani had 12 conversations over the phone. Also on the day of murder, their telephone records revealed their location in Bandra (W).

According to the police, in order to build up a water-tight case in the court, they are gathering as much evidence against the arrested persons as possible. “Though Sanjeev Khanna has admitted to his role in Sheena’s murder, he can backtrack any time from his statement later. The CDR of Indrani and Khanna had revealed that they communicated with each other on April 23, 2012, over a dozen times,” said an officer privy to the investigations.
So far, the probe has revealed that, on April 23, 2012, driver Shyamvar Rai and Indrani had driven to Gagode village on Khopila-Pen Road, where Indrani had recced the spot where the body was to be disposed. Indrani reportedly informed Khanna about the plan to allegedly kill Sheena the same day.

“Indrani had booked a room for Khanna at a hotel in Worli and had also arranged for his air ticket. Upon reaching Mumbai, Khanna called up Indrani, informing her about his arrival. From the airport to his hotel, Indrani and Khanna had several conversations over phone. The call durations were small. Indrani and Khanna then had a meeting, wherein he was informed about the entire plan,” said the officer.

As per the plan, the next day, Indrani and Khanna left from Worli to Bandra in a car driven by Rai. “They took the Bandra-Worli Sea Link route and then Indrani called Sheena and asked her to meet her near the National College. Peter Mukerjea’s son Rahul dropped her near the college and then Sheena got into Indrani’s car. The vehicle later stopped at a secluded place, where Sheena was strangulated by Khanna and Indrani,” the officer said.

Rai was then instructed to drive the car back to Peter’s Worli residence, with the body to be kept in the boot of the vehicle, in a bag. Next day, the trio took the body to Gagode village in Pen and set the bag on fire using petrol.